Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Options: Good or Bad?

Philippians 4:6
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."

Easier said then done, right?

It is human nature to be anxious and worried about the unknown. For seasoned Christians  it often is familiar to find a good amount of peace through prayer or reading of the scriptures. We put our faith into Him and He gives us a measure of His own confidence. It is fantastic. However, where is the peace found in "stressful blessings"? 

This week I have personally felt overly blessed by God. I feel almost that His blessings are becoming too much for just one person. I know that He never gives us more then we can handle, but where do we find a peaceful heart in great blessings? How do  we start? 

Personally, I am on a journey to find peace in blessings. I started by discovering peace in the Bible. I have made a small, aka a large, Post-It chain on my mirror. I keep adding to this chain so that I can  be  in constant conversation with God. I'm talking it out. When I am reading His replies I start I follow up with prayer. This prayer is of thanks, thanks, and more thanks. I feel that it would be wrong of me not to acknowledge that He is amazing has blessed me, even if my sinful nature says it is too much. 

Once I keep this conversation  open, I try to open my heart. I remind myself of my intended vocation or purpose  that is given/blessed by God.  This is a skill that I am still working on improving and strengthening. This is my basic procedure of peace. How do we improve upon it and how to we keep this peace everyday/every blessing? 


No comments:

Post a Comment